Hon'ble Mr. Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar
- Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar was born on 14.02.1959. He hails from Panapakkam Village, Vellore District (Formerly North Arcot District), Tamil Nadu. Justice R. Sudhakar had his early schooling in Don Bosco Matriculation School, Egmore, Chennai and completed his school education at St. Mary’s Higher Secondary School, Madurai. During his school days, he was an active member of the Boy’s Scout movement and in sports. He graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Life Sciences from Loyola College, Chennai. He actively participated in sports, social and cultural activities both in School and in College. Justice R. Sudhakar was conferred a Degree in Law from Madras Law College.
- Justice R. Sudhakar was enrolled as an Advocate in the year 1983 and started practice as an associate of the Legal Luminary and Senior Advocate Shri Habibullah Badsha, former Advocate General of Tamil Nadu and Public Prosecutor of Madras High Court. The pedigree of the law firm is worth mentioning. Shri Habibullah Badsha was associated with Shri Govind Swaminadhan - Crown Prosecutor and former Advocate General, Tamil Nadu, who in turn was groomed by legal luminary of the Criminal Bar, Barrister late Shri V. L. Ethiraj, the Founder of Ethiraj College for Women.
- Justice R. Sudhakar practiced in all branches of law with particular emphasis on Customs, Central Excise and Sales Tax Law. Besides, Madras High Court, he has also practiced/appeared in cases before the High Court of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka High Court and Kerala High Court. He regularly appeared in matters before the Supreme Court of India as well.
- Justice R. Sudhakar was elevated to the Bench as an Additional Judge of the High Court of Madras on 10.12.2005 and as a Permanent Judge on 20.04.2007. In his career as a Judge of the Madras High Court spreading over a decade he decided 26196 Main Cases and 32943 Misc. Cases. A number of judgments delivered by him are reported in various Law Journals published in different parts of the Country. On his transfer from the Madras High Court, Justice R. Sudhakar took the oath of the office of a Judge of the High Court of Jammu and Kashmir on the 18th day of April, 2016.
- Took oath as Hon'ble the Chief Justice of High Court of Manipur on 18.05.2018